DAX I can’t believe you did that.
KIRA He didn’t leave me any choice.
BASHIR What did she do?
DAX She knocked out Lancelot.
KIRA He kissed me.
DAX He’s supposed to kiss you.
KIRA But I was playing a married woman.
BASHIR Lieutenant Commander Worf, this is Lieutenant Commander Jadzia Dax, and Major Kira Nerys, our first officer.
WORF (to Kira) Nice hat.
KIRA (defensive) I don’t always dress like this. We were in the holosuite…
WORF So I gathered. (turns to Dax) You used to be Curzon Dax.
DAX That’s right. (smiling) And I don’t usually dress like this either.
WORF Curzon’s name is an honored one among my people.
DAX (mischievous, in Klingon) Louk, a jeek CHIM-ta law. (Yeah, but I’m a lot better looking than he was.)
okay so Sloan just ruined everyone’s day and Julian flips him off…
I’m sort of happy that this actually happened… on Star Trek!
“The best way to survive a knife fight is to never get in one.” - Kira Nerys
Garak: All during the years of my exile, I imagined what it would be like to come home. I even thought of living in this house again, with Mila. But now she’s dead. And this house is about to be reduced to a pile of rubble. My Cardassia is gone.
Kira: Then fight for a new Cardassia.
Garak: I have an even better reason, Commander: revenge.
Kira: That works too.
DS9 7.24 What You Leave Behind
Goddammit, Garak. You’re breaking my heart.
“Everyone has their reasons. That’s what’s so frightening. People can find a way to justify any action, no matter how evil.” - Kira Nerys
And from the fandom came a collective “FINALLY!”
- [Odo tells Kira about the origin of his name]
- Odo: As you know, when Doctor Mora first brought me to his laboratory, it was under Cardassian supervision. All specimens had to be clearly labeled in Cardassian, so the overseers would always know what the scientists were working on. Since no one was exactly sure what I was, Mora labeled me 'Unknown Sample', which the overseer translated into Cardassian as 'Odo'ital'.
- Major Kira: So your name is Unknown Sample?
- Odo: No, no. 'Odo'ital' literally means the word 'nothing'. Even after it became clear that I was sentient, the Bajoran scientists kept calling me that. As a joke, they split it into two words, like a Bajoran name: Odo Ital. Which eventually got shortened...
- Major Kira: ...to Odo.
- Odo: But, now, the thing is, for the longest time, whenever anyone would use my name, the first thing I would think of was what it meant, 'nothing'. What better way to describe me? I had no family, no friends, no place where I belonged. I thought it was the most appropriate name anyone could give me. And then I met you...
- [long pause]
- Odo: ...And the others - Sisko, Dax, even Quark. And now, when I hear one of you call me Odo, I no longer think of myself as nothing. I think of myself as me."